Happy New Year’s Eve everyone!
A bit of a repeat of my Patreon post. Some posts will be uploaded to my Patreon first for “exclusive access” and then posted here a few days to a week later. So without further ado, here we go!
To be completely honest, I’ve been hiding from the internet. I’ve been such a “Down in the dumps Donna” (Is that a thing? Like Negative Nancy?) so due to my anxiety and all the things in general feeling like they were crumbling around me, I think I just needed a moment to get out of my head.
To stop thinking about posting and writing and making connections for a second, to just breathe. Now that I’ve gotten to take a breathe, its back to business and I have some long awaited updates for you all!
First let’s rewind back to about 2012 when I first started really making New Year’s resolutions. Yes, I was that girl who would post “New Year, New Me!!!!” and then nothing would change. I have slowly, over the years, tried to make my resolutions more reasonable, like “Just workout twice a week! Just twice!” with still no progress.
But then again, did I really know myself as well as I do now? No. Not at all.
So looking back, I set myself up for failure. I didn’t think things through, I simply thought of something I wanted to do and then tried to force myself to do it. The end result, after six years of trying the same strategy?
Nada. Nothing. Rien.
This year, is the first year that I’ve actually thought out my goals and resolutions beforehand. I’ve begun making smaller goals throughout this year, mainly writing related, but for the most part has been easier for me to handle.
Which is why, that is exactly how I’ll be making my New Year’s Resolutions! In small bursts, rewarding myself more often and trying not to run myself ragged by not reaching completely unattainable goals. So what are my goals?
Here you go!
- Write everyday. Whether its 5 minutes or 5 hours, get creative! This isn’t about “getting the words down”. This is about forming cohesive thoughts and adding more to my stories.
- Workout to feel better. No time limit. No days of the week. Just moving my body in ways that make it feel good. To lose the extra weight that I gained and to feel better overall. Not for vanity, but for health.
- Last but not least. Learn to trust myself. It’s no secret I have trust issues. There are plenty of things I’ll spill the tea about in my own life, but there are also things that I don’t even let myself think about. It’s time to change that, I’ll never fully trust anyone else if I can’t even trust myself, right?
I find these goals attainable for myself because they are so broad. Workout to feel better. Write everyday. Learn, grow and heal. Things that take time and I’ve removed any and all restrictions because I know myself. If I try to make myself do something, I simply won’t.
With these goals, I will still post monthly goals on my Author IG account! If you want to check out past ones, you can find them here.
Before I end this post, I also wanted to drop some updates for you all!
- First, a giant thank you. I know I’ve been a bit MIA during the holidays and I apologize.
- Second, you can expect my first Authortube video to upload Thursday, January 3rd to my Patreon and Saturday, January 5th to my YouTube channel! This video will be an intro video where I’ll talk a bit more about myself, my writing, my process, etc. I’ll also talk about books I’m reading and share my thoughts from time to time! I’ll also include my posting schedule so you can know what to expect!
- Lastly my beta readers can expect “Wicked Little Lies” to begin posting this month and I will be looking for ARC readers around February if all goes according to plan. “Wicked Little Lies” will also be my first (hopefully) three book series! I have come to love Maeve and Margot and their dysfunctional little family so much, that I don’t want to stop meddling with them.
So there you have it! Quite a bit of information, but I want to make sure I haven’t left anything out and that I let everyone in on what I’ve planned for this upcoming month! I hope you all have a safe and happy New Year’s! I’ll see you again soon.